Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Floral Mani With Bettina Ortensia

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I am so sorry to have been neglecting my blog the past week. I have had a severely sore throat, nausea, and a nonstop headache for a few days. I'm finally feeling better today, though I'm still not 100%. I wanted to do a mani for you guys featuring one of the Bettina polishes from their new Flori Collection. This polish was gifted to me amongst 6 others as a Mother's Day gift from my husband and son =)


My manicure today began with a base of Essie Grow Faster. Next I applied two coats of Bettina Ortensia (my bottle label spells it with an "s", however the website has it spelled with a "c"). This shade of green has strong yellow undertones and actually reminds me of my Mom's pea soup. The formula of this polish was fantastic and application was very easy, reaching full opacity in just two coats.


Because this is a floral collection, I wanted to stamp on some pretty yet simple flowers. This design was achieved using Konad Special Stamping Polishes in black and white along with my Cheeky image plate CH7.


I added a little "bling" with these opalescent flat stones placed in the center of the flowers.

Excuse the awkward positioning on this photo, I wanted to capture the opalescent shine of the flat stones for you.
I've had these stones for a few years now and I like them because they are flat and small. These were found in my local beauty supply store for $1. This manicure is simple but I think it's really pretty. I like the way the black and white contrast with the green. Let me know what you all think of this mani and the other colors of Bettina's new collection. I also got Glacinto, which I hope to try this week. As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani! I love the flat stones. I may have to see if I can find some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this mani! The unique color, the stamps, the stones... it's GORGEOUS! As simple as that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty shade :) Love the stamping and the stones on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how simple yet elegant this design is! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love the flat stones...

    This is gorgeous! Sorry you've been feeling bad.. Hope you get better. :-)
    Lovely Mother's day gift from your Hubby and son. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty mani!! Awesome Mother's day present. Glad you're feeling a little better. Take care of yourself hon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This green polish is so pretty <3
    The floral decoration matched perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I luv it! Yaay u finally got that collec!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shade and the stamping is so tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous color! I love the stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that green and the flowers are a very pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I live for Bettina! I just placed an order for more! These colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous green! It kind of reminds me of Essie - Navigate Her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neat color, but I love it with the stamping. It makes it more feminine and wearable. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  15. This color is so gorgeous! I love the art you added to it as well. Wow!

    ReplyDelete